Support for iPhone 15 and iOS 17
The MDC supports the latest iPhone 15 series of devices. Now you can test your iOS apps in iPhone 15 using Manual or Automation (Grid & Appium Server) sessions. Expand your test coverage by adding these latest devices on your cloud and start testing on them.
iPhone 15 Devices available:
- iPhone 15
- iPhone 15 Max
- iPhone 15 Pro
- iPhone 15 Pro Max (soon)
Additional New Features
- Cloud - Added support for accessKey on the Backup API
Now you can use
accessKey for authorization when calling the Backup REST API.
- DigitalAI:Options in Appium and Selenium Executions
With the implementation and enforcement of the W3C WebDriver Protocol in Appium and Selenium executions, any vendor-provided capabilities must be encapsulated. For more details, see Additional Appium Capabilities Using DigitalAI:Options (Appium 2).
- Add Audio to Video Report
You can now attach synchronized audio to your video report with the audioReport capability.
- Selenium - Support Chrome for Testing
We are now supporting Chrome for Testing (117+) to provide more reliable browser automation.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
Notes and Known Issues
- Limitations on Android 12 - 14 devices are mentioned here .
- We recommend removing the passcode on iOS 15.x and 16.x devices to avoid devices going into an error state. Read the complete iOS limitations here.
- Due to technical limitations, Appium Client 8 is not supported in Appium Grid. Instead, use Appium Server.
Latest Browser and OS Version Support
|Official||12.3.x — 15.7.9, |
16.x — 17.0.3
|5.1 — 13||117||118||117||17|
|Beta||14 beta 4||118||119||118|